Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA):
Acquiring the designation of Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA) indicates a professional level of competence in the principles and practices of quality assurance in the IT profession. CSQAs become members of a recognized professional group and receive recognition of their competence by business and professional associates, potentially more rapid career advancement, and greater acceptance in the role as advisor to management.
Individuals applying for CSQA Certification candidacy need to submit:
1) A completed Certification Candidacy Application.
2) A completed Candidate Character Reference form.
3) A $300 (USD) non-refundable, non-transferable fee (payable by check or credit card).
All application forms, references, supporting documents and required fees must be submitted at least 60 calendar days prior to any examination date selected. The candidate must sign the application form agreeing to support and abide by the Software Certifications Code of Ethics. Applications will not be processed if they are incomplete, incorrectly completed, or fees have not been paid. The candidate has sole responsibility to ensure that materials are submitted in a timely and orderly manner.
To qualify for candidacy, each applicant must meet one of three prerequisites:
1. A bachelor's degree from an accredited college-level institution,
2. An associate's degree and two years of experience in the information services field, or
3. Six years of experience in the information services field.
The application requires the applicant to provide details supporting the option selected.
No formal proof of education or employment are required at the time of application; however, the candidate may later receive a request for verification of education, or verification of employment, or both, depending upon a compliance sample selected according to program criteria. If selected for verification, such verification must be supplied to the program prior to sitting for any necessary examinations.
Certification Candidacy Application
A completed Certification Candidacy Application must be submitted for entrance to Software Certifications as a candidate for any particular certification. This application is intended to be used by working professionals who feel they are prepared to sit for and pass the required examination for CSQA. It should only be submitted by individuals who:
1. Have reviewed the CSQA Common Body of Knowledge,
2. Are working in the field covered by the certification designation,
3. Have significant experience and breadth to have mastered the basics of the entire
4. Common Body of Knowledge, and
5. Are prepared to take the required examination and therefore desire to establish candidacy.
Candidate Character Reference
The CSQA application must be accompanied by a personal reference, completed by an individual who fulfills the following requirements:
1. Have known the candidate for a period of no less than six months,
2. Be the supervisor or professor of the candidate, a Certified Software Quality Analyst, or an individual who meets the prerequisites for becoming a CSQA, or the customer of the candidate if the candidate is self-employed, and
3. Possess the knowledge of the candidate's work practices as related to the Software Certifications Code of Ethics.
Candidates for certification must pass a four-part written examination in order to obtain certification. The examination evaluates the candidate's knowledge and practice of the skill areas defined in the CSQA Body of Knowledge. Candidates who do not successfully pass the examination may resit for the examination up to two times by submitting a retake application and paying all required fees. Subsequent additional examination efforts require reinitiating the entire application process.
Technical knowledge becomes obsolete quickly; therefore, the board has established these eligibility guidelines. The goal is to test on a consistent and comparable knowledge base worldwide. The eligibility requirements have been developed to encourage candidates to prepare and pass all portions of the examination in the shortest time possible.